Monday 19 December 2016

8,760 days old baby Andrew


As my birthday clocked, I was alarmed by a new silence that noised in the early hours.
What is even more gratifying is to be connected to the two who gave birth to me on that yesterday of that year!
No sooner did my birthday clock than I received my first complementary text...
Flooding my inbox are messages from family, friends, followers and fellow labourers in Christ. Thanks for the fellowship!
Since it was a working day, it started with a serious introspection during the routine but rich quiet time. The ordinary practice that initiates extraordinary targets and eventually builds me into a victorious baby.
Pulling out from the tens of text messages that hit my media pad screen, an interesting anecdotal reflection by Bertha, mother to baby Andrew could be worthy sharing.
"It was on this day at night when I was blessed with a very handsome baby boy and I was so happy" Mother wrote, obviously from the Registry desk, since she was working all-night long "by then there were no readily available mobile phones, so I had to wait for the father to come and pick me up. I could see a smile on his face holding the baby in his arms. We walked to our small house on foot very happy. So we had two daughters and two sons. What a wonderful day we had! May His name be honoured....happy birthday my handsome baby boy. Be blessed always and protection be on you in the name of the Lord."
Thanks dad and mum for being the vessels in conceiving, developing and inspiring baby Andrew... you are such an amazing couple.
Obviously, when you entered the Home Caring Fellowship that led to your salvation, I was on your back....as a baby! Since then you hold on to the faith you found and have passed on spiritual values and all-around counsel that define Andrew H. PHIRI today.
Thanks for the academic push and continued inspiration, support and encouragement in discouraging times....I love you!
To all my friends, everywhere and all times, I appreciate you so much. Your fellowship has been very helpful.
Thanks to all my spiritual parents, brothers and sisters for the encouragement and support. The Deeper Christian Life Ministry through the Children's Church, Youth Ministry, Women Ministry and Campus Fellowship, led by John U. Amoni and the entire leadership....you've contributed greatly to my growth. You are all amazing in this journey leading to eternal glory. I send a holy kiss with godly affection to all of you!
To the Ministry of Health, Muvi TV, ZNBC, Times of Zambia and all the media platforms that have offered me a chance to work as journalist, writer, analyst or communicator in general, I thank you!
Hector Sinfukwe, thanks for showing me that it was possible to enter and succeed in journalism as sharedh stories by my lovely and caring sister, Anastazia Phiri-Sakala.
To all the organizations who offered me leadership roles in my early development: Kamulanga Secondary School (School High Level Rep), Anti-Corruption Commission (President), Drug Enforcement Commission (Lusaka South Schools, Anti-Drug Abusers Movement, Chairperson), Human Rights Commission, (President) and a host of others.
The National Forum for Child Rights Executives, thanks for giving me chance to serve as the youngest executive member.
Not forgetting, Kidz Kameraz Media Association, as Secretary General, Best Enterprises as Communications Director and Young Writers Magazine as Marketing Manager. Wiseman Banda, you are amazing.
The Zambian High Commission in Botswana and specifically Mrs. Rose Zimba, former First Secretary for helping me understand diplomatic work when I spent time as a general worker in that country (2011-2012).
To all the men, women, children...both living and dead, I appreciated. GOD richly bless you!
I take a new shape, stance and service in life as one of my favorite writers and former US president Abraham Lincoln wrote "In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"
What makes me even happy in what has taken place in the last 8,760 days is the discovery that:
Divine purpose formed me, God
Deceiving power deformed me, sin
Developing process informed me, school and,
Delivering power transformed me, Jesus.
Thanks and God bless you!
-------------------------------------------------------------
_AHP

No comments:

Post a Comment