Monday 19 December 2016

“Make your Passion your Profession”


A few years ago, while addressing young people during a Mindset Operation Meeting in Lusaka South, a friend shared with me his thought about the subject. 

Being a first year student, the man said he initially didn’t understand what he was to study. Hence he went into the said school. He was had since made up his mind to switch to a different school in a bid to “Make his Passion his Profession.” I tried to convince him to proceed with his studies considering the resources both financial, material and above all time he had wasted. He insisted that he would follow his passion hence he switched to his school of choice.

Good enough, every time I meet him he is so excited about his studies. He does it without much ado.
Life can sometimes be frustrating, capable of knocking you down especially if you are wrongly engaged in a career coupled with engulfing oneself with wrong people.


The world has more to offer to enterprising minds today as we continue to live in this highly complicated and demanding society. Its ever-increasing needs can only be met by expert or specialized knowledge. 


This calls for personal development and advancing ones knowledge base. This I have discovered over the years as I run up and down in the business of reporting and analyzing society both as a journalist and communicator.


One thing that makes my journey interesting and exciting, is my passionate approach to journalism. I admit, I do meet discouraging times…but I love what I do. Therefore, I don’t regret developing my passion in journalism and subsequently making it my profession.

_AHP

No comments:

Post a Comment